Monday, May 22, 2017

SEA HUNTER 5-21 STRIPER REPORT

Sorry for the late report but Capt. Howard ran the boat on Sunday. I  was up in Rochester, NY at my daughters college graduation .She received her degree in Biomedical Engineering, and I am proud of her for sure. One thing is certain she did not get her smarts from me. Anyway as you know how the old story goes, you should have been here yesterday. The internet is great for getting out info, but its also a double edged sword  for the fishing business,  I get hundreds of hits a day on my fishing reports and they are not all from my customers. People with there own boats big and small read my report, and yesterday Howard said there were a ton of boats around him. Howard said he had to leave the area because of the boat traffic and as nothing was happening. Boat traffic kills the Striper fishing. After he made a few moves and then finally at the end of the day he caught some stripers. It wasn't good, but some shorts and a handful of keepers were caught, and we did not get out today only one guy showed up. We will be going tomorrow and I am going to finish out the week with the Stripers even with Fluke season opening on Thursday. I will probably go for Fluke over the weekend. Two trips; 8am till 12:30pm and 1:30pm till 6pm. I am not sure if I will start fishing for Fluke daily after Sunday I will play that by ear and let you know at the end of this week. See you soon, Capt. Rob






Blog Archive