Friday, August 23, 2013

SEA HUNTER 8-23 FLUKE REPORT

Sorry it took so long to get this report out, but I have been helping a friend out after work the past few days and getting home late. Anyway a strange thing happened the other morning before I left the dock. I was standing on the dock behind the boat around 7:30 am (not many people onboard) and a elderly lady was walking her dog down the dock, I never saw her before, as she was walking by my boat she turned to me and said "this is going to be your lucky day" and just kept on walking. I didn't think much of it, but after that we had a mad rush of customers and ended up with a nice gang on the boat. On the way out I decided to try something different so I went past the fleet and set up a drift up  the channel. I stopped the boat and there was no drift a couple shorts came up, but that was it. I was waiting for the drift to start, but the boat was standing still. So I was out there all alone with no boats around thinking I screwed up. I made a short move into a little deeper water and saw a couple shorts and a keeper. Then after about ten minuets the current started and we started catching the Fluke good Nice keepers and shorts.
I stayed on that one drift the whole morning and never stopped catching. I just thought I would share that with you, it was kind of strange. The past few days the morning trips have been good and the afternoons have been slower due to the drifting conditions. Here are some pics. See you soon, Capt. Rob









































Blog Archive