Tuesday, August 20, 2013

SEA HUNTER 8-20 FLUKE REPORT

After a couple slow days the morning trip today was action packed with loads of shorts and some nice big keepers mixed in (eight of them being between three and five pounds). I was very happy with the trip. I went right back to the same spot in the afternoon. We had a different tide and wind direction in the afternoon, but conditions were good. I stopped the boat and all hell broke loose, the only problem was it was Sea Robins and Sharks with an odd Fluke mixed in. I did a lot of bouncing around, but couldn't get the Fluke to bite. We ended up with a handful of good sized fish, but not the trip that I was expecting. All I can say is the Fluke fishing is weird this year. There have been no Fluke in certain areas that since I have been fishing have always produced fish. There are days when you have a good drift and catch plenty of fish and then try it again and you catch next to nothing. One day the entire channel seems to be paved with fish and you go back the next day and catch only a few. Then I'll try it again a couple days later and there are plenty of Fluke, just as it was a couple days prior. Today my daughter asked if she could come out and bring a couple of her friends, I told her that the fishing has been slow and to wait until it was better. Well as anybody with kids knows they don't listen. She came out with her two friends and the three of them combined for 48 fish and a few keepers. We also saw a pod of Dolphin, needless to say they had a great time and of course my daughter busted my chops saying I just didn't want her on the boat.  I didn't bring the camera home to post the pics, and I wont get home until late tomorrow, but I will try and get some up. Anyway forget these fishing reports because you never know. Don't wait to read the good report and then decide to go. Just pick a nice day and go.
                                 See you soon, Capt. Rob

Blog Archive