Saturday, December 26, 2015

SEA HUNTER 12-26 END OF SEASON REPORT

Well the 2015 season is officially over for the SEA HUNTER. Thanks to everyone who fished with us this year, and in years past. It was an up and down season this year; especially the Spring Striper run. The summer Fluke fishing went as usual; plenty of action with the shorts, but the bigger fish 18 inches and above were not as plentiful. One thing I have noticed the past few years is that the Berkley Gulp baits are working very well for the Fluke, especially the larger sized ones. As an old school fishermen it took me a few years to be a believer, but now I am. Due to this I started using them myself, and selling them on the boat for people who also wanted to use them.The fall Striper run started slow, but was pretty consistent the last month. The bonus tags helped tremendously, and I am hoping they keep the program going.  The NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife started by giving us 50 tags for the entire fall so I was pretty stingy with them, but by November they were very short of their poundage quota so they started giving them to the Party and Charter boats as we needed them. I was then able to give out one to everyone who had a slot fish and needed a tag. I know that lots of you this year signed up late, and it took 3 weeks to a month to get the tag so if they keep the program going and they use the same mailing system don't hesitate to sign up because you may not get your tag in time (I'm not sure how many they are going to give the Party and Charter boats to start). We will start up in late March or early April for Stripers, and by the way I saw the amount of Stripers in the bay this fall and the ones I heard of up the rivers I think we should have a better spring with the Stripers. Thanks again, and have a great winter! We will see you in the spring!
                                        Capt. Rob

Blog Archive