Sunday, October 4, 2015

SEA HUNTER !0-4 UPDATE STRIPER FISHING STARTING ON 10-10 7:30 am till 2:30 pm

What a lousy week. I had to cut my vacation short and come back to prepare for the predicted hurricane.We had a strong NE blow all week ahead of the possible hurricane so I had to make a choice on Tuesday night. Was I going to stay in port and hope for the best that the storm was going to miss us or rush home and pull the boat out of the water on Wednesday morning before the strong North Easter started to blow days before the hurricane was suppose to make landfall. That was the only day that the winds would have been lite enough to get the boat to the boat yard and pull the boat out. If you were tracking the hurricane only the European tracking model had it pushing out to sea and all the rest of the predictions and there were about a dozen of them had it hitting somewhere on the east coast anywhere from South Carolina to NJ. Around midnight on Tuesday the last update was not looking good. So I packed my bags and got ready to head home and pull the boat out of the water. On Wednesday we hauled the boat just before the wind started to get strong. Now we had to hope for the best. That the hurricane would blow out to sea. All i can say is we got lucky! With five days of Strong NE wind the water really piled up along the coast and the high tides were super high in the marina, If that hurricane hit us it would have been devastating.Looking back I would have done the same thing It cost me a couple grand to do what I did but its better to be safe then sorry. I will be back at the dock on Wednesday the 7th and be ready to Start the Striper season on Saturday the 10th. Don't forget to get your bonus tag if you want to keep that extra Striper between 24 and 28 inches without it you can only keep one between 28 and 43 inches and one 43 inches or bigger. Here is the website that you can print out the form and get yours   http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/bonusbas.htm
                  I will see everyone soon Capt. Rob

Blog Archive