Wednesday, September 26, 2012

SEA HUNTER 9-26 TWO DAYS LEFT FOR FLUKE

Started out talking on the dock about the 2012 Fluke season with a few good regulars. Some of the guys keep track of how many Fluke they catch every trip, and for the year, keepers and shorts.One of the guys who's name is Dan said he caught at least 20 Fluke every trip this year. The way the fishing has been the past couple weeks I would have bet the boat that he couldn't catch 20 fluke today. Anyway I made him a bet that if he caught twenty fluke today I would give him a lifetime pass on the boat and I would even give him a two count for every keeper he caught today.as it turns out about 10:00  I found a small area the were holding some fish mostly shorts but a few keepers. Dan was fishing in the bow and it seemed like every time I looked at him he was pulling up a Fluke or swinging and missing one. some were only eight inches long but they still counted .At 11:40 Dans count was 17 and I thought I was going to lose the bet.  To make a long story short at 11:47 Dan had 4 keepers and 11 shorts which made the total 19 as every keeper was worth two fish. I told Dan he had eight minuets to catch his last one and was hoping the pressure would get to him. I was sweating that last eight minuets out and unfortunately for Dan time ran out he couldn't pull up #20  .  As a consolation prize a gave him a SEA HUNTER hooded sweatshirt. All in all the action was a little better today but still not good fishing except for Dan as he had four keepers. There were a handfull of keepers around the boat but not enough for everyone. Friday will be the last day for Fluke. Saturday its STRIPERS 7:30 till 2:30
                                 See you soon, Capt. Rob  

Blog Archive