Tuesday, October 27, 2020

SEA HUNTER TROPHY STRIPERS TUESDAY 10-27

 I figured with Sundays report we would have a bunch of people today. I don't know what you waiting for ITS STRIPER TIME!!!!! A very good day today with fish from 30 to 50 lbs. We landed a good amount but lost a good amount also. All the fish today were too big and all were released. the big ones don't taste that good anyway and most if not everyone who caught one is  happy just to have had the opportunity  to land one of these trophy fish. Some guys today caught multiple fish and a few were not that lucky. If you plan on coming Please bring a rod that can handle these fish! If you bring a light rod with good line you will probably land them but after a long battle the fish comes up almost dead. We had one today that after a long battle we threw her back and she floated. Luckily we netted her when I went back up on a drift and revived her in the net and she swam away. Besides me harping about tight drags, check your knots and your line also . We allow braid but to be honest live eel fishing its not recommended and not needed. If it gets in a eel tangle its a bitch to get out. Me personally if I am on deck and I'm at the braid tangle I get one of the deckhands to handle it I wont deal with it, I use 25-30 lb Andy line and never had a problem catching stripers. It looks like tomorrow is a beautiful day. Thursday is rain but the fish don't care they are already wet  and I do have enough signed up to go so get your rain gear on if you cant make tomorrow. Friday does not look good, lots of wind so we will probably cancel unless something changes. We landed a good amount but lost a good amount also

I hope to see you I would like you to catch one of these beauties Thanks for looking in, Capt. Rob









Mark landed three today the biggest was 50 lbs.

















 

Blog Archive