Saturday, October 21, 2017

SEA HUNTER 10-22 STRIPER REPORT

It ain't easy! We started out the day looking for fish to jig as using the bait has not been working out this week, and the conditions weren't right. We saw plenty of birds and fish jumping in various areas, but unfortunately they were all Albacore. Truthfully, I have never seen so many Albacore in all my years of fishing. The only bad thing is we couldn't catch any of them. After making a few drifts in different areas, and only catching one, I decided to take a look down the beach. There were lots of bunker, but only a Humpback whale was eating them. No Blues and no Stripers in sight, or on the fish finder. I went to the eel bait as the conditions were getting favorable in the channels for the Stripers and as a result we did manage one Striper and one small Blue, but that was it.

 Unfortunately, we can't always find the fish we want, but that's why they call it fishing and not catching. Nobody wants to catch fish more than me. I am on both the phone and radio contacting other captains in different areas to see what's going on. If there is nothing going on to the north, south, or east I'll look to the west to try to find something.With this being said we could potentially do a lot of riding around in search of the fish. Some days we know right where the fish are when we leave the dock, and others we have to look for them. That is why I say it ain't easy!

It's hard to please everyone especially in this business as the fish don't always cooperate, but I give it a 110% every trip because I want you all to enjoy yourselves. It's still early in the season and hit or miss for the Stripers. Hopefully, the fishing will get consistent soon.
Thanks for checking in, Capt. Rob

Blog Archive