Friday, October 25, 2013

SEA HUNTER 10-25 REPORT

Not a good day today. Plenty of bird life close to home but not many fish in them mostly just working on loads of bait. Took a trip to the south toward the Shrewsbury rocks saw plenty of birds but no fish as I was getting closer to my destination I saw boats heading towards me and was told don't bother to go further. From all the reports I was getting it sounded like it wasn't good anywhere so I decided to head off to a area we had some good action with the big blues but there was nothing there today. As I was heading back to the north I had a coast guard cutter barreling down on me. I was off the beach about three and a half miles, and I knew he wanted to see if I had any Stripers on board.( You are not suppose to fish or poses Stripers more then three miles out) anyway they hailed me on the radio and sent out a boarding party to get on the boat. You would have thought I was smuggling drugs or doing terrorist activities, This is our Homeland security and they are worried about possessing Stripers past three miles. What a joke! To make a long aggravating story short they checked coolers and went through the boat and didn't find any Stripers, We headed back to the north and found some birds and caught a few shorts and Blues. We only had three keeper Stripers for the day. Hopefully tomorrow we will have a more enjoyable day.
                                                  See you soon, Capt. Rob

Blog Archive