Friday, December 18, 2009

SEA HUNTER STRIPER REPORT 12-18

I was very pleasantly surprised today by the amount of Stripers caught . On the second drift of the day it was just one after the other with a nice long drift, I thought i was dragging the fish with me but when the drift ended and i was going back for another drift i could see by the fish finder it was just a big spread of fish i was going over. The pics below are the fish finder on different drifts and it was like that sometimes 15 to 20 minuets. The only bad part was out of the easy 400 fish caught only one was a keeper. there were a few that were close but not 28 inches. At 12:00 with the bite still on but I decided to put the eels on and try to get some more keepers in the boat. I hit the areas that we have been catching the big fish earlier in the week. unfortunately it didn't go as planned, not even one on the eels. You don't know if you don't try. Anyway a very good day action wise most caught at least 30 short Stripers. I will try to keep going at least till next weekend Weather permitting. The next couple days are shot I will post and let you know the next day we will be fishing.



Thanks for checking in, Capt Rob




Lynn with the only keeper today-

Some load of Stripers










Blog Archive